Dorothy Mandelstam Award -
Submission Deadline Monday 22 February 2021
This is an award of £1000 and is made each year to one member of the ACA to recognise excellence in a case study or paper on any aspect of clinical continence care. The winner receives a personal award of £500 plus their expenses to allow them to attend and present their work at the annual conference.
The ACA are delighted to announce that the Dorothy Mandelstam Award will return for 2021.
This award acknowledges the pioneering continence work of Dorothy who was a founder member of the ACA.
This is an annual award of up to £1000.00. The winner (or a member of their team) MUST present their work at the annual ACA conference, 24th and 25th May 2021 in Bristol. The award incorporates a monetary award of £500 in addition to payment of conference fees and attendance expenses (travel, accommodation) up to £500.00. The winner and runners up will be encouraged to submit their articles for publication.
All applicants must be members of the ACA. (Please add membership number to the application!)
Applicants should submit either a 2000 word case study on a chosen aspect of continence care or a 2000 word paper on a continence service development that demonstrates compassion and improves the quality of patient care. The chosen aspect of continence care must apply to a particular group of patients, for example
- Women or men
- Disease / condition specific, e.g. Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia, Stroke, spinal cord injury,
- Age specific, e.g. Paediatrics/teenagers/elderly
- Learning disabilities
All submissions should:
- Describe clearly why the chosen aspect of continence care or service development is significant and unique to that particular group of patients.
- Demonstrate the use of evidence (research / literature / national guidelines) to inform, change and improve practice.
- Demonstrate improved quality of patient care
- Demonstrate innovation, productivity or prevention
- Identify areas requiring further development
Guidance for submission
- Include a front page with a Project Title – name and other details should only appear on this page and not other pages in the submission, to allow anonymised review
- Respect patient confidentiality and anonymity
- Avoid mentioning the manufacturer or distributer of any product by name
- Use Harvard referencing system and provide a separate reference list
- Use 12 font size and be double spaced
- Adhere to the 2000 word limit
ALL OF THE ABOVE MUST BE INCLUDED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE AWARD
Completed applications should be submitted electronically to ACA PA, Lesley-Anne.Eggett@fitwise.co.uk by Monday 22nd February 2021.
Judges: ACA Education Group Members.
Free Paper and Poster Entries -
Submission Deadline Monday 22nd February 2021
There are plenty of opportunities for you to contribute to this year's programme.
Have you ever thought about submitting an abstract for a free paper or a poster presentation? By presenting your information at conference you are helping to educate and inspire others in your field of expertise and you could win up to £250 for Best Oral Presentation or £150 for Best Poster Presentation!
This is your opportunity to be part of conference so simply visit the website by following this link to submit your abstract.
Best Exhibition Stand
This is voted for by delegates via the conference app who are attending conference.
The Look Good Feel Good Award
This is awarded jointly by ACA and Bladder and Bowel UK and is for new products only.
- Entry is open to any exhibiting company that has launched a continence related product which has been launched since the last ACA Conference (May 2019) or which has never been exhibited at a previous ACA conference.
- The product category winner is entitled to use the LGFG logo on related product literature / website information for the lifetime of that award winning product
- Entry is free, but the product must be registered for the award in advance and a sample provided to the registration desk on the first day of conference.
- Judging will take place during conference and the award made at lunch time on Day 2 of the Conference
- Entries must be submitted online
There are questions to answer as below:
1. What makes the product reliable?
2.What makes it discreet to use?
3.How easy is it to use?
4.How does it improve quality of life?
5.How innovative is the product?
6.What gives the product the LGFG factor?