We are delighted to launch the ACA Conference 2023 and hope you will feel inspired to join us in Birmingham. In the spirit of our theme, ‘Stronger Together’, the focus is on maximising outcomes for people with bladder and bowel health issues, through a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach
This is a conference for all healthcare professions to promote learning and provide current updates on progress in the adult continence arena. Highlights include:
- Keynote speakers:
- Dame Lesley Regan, Women’s Health Ambassador detailing the Women’s Health Strategy and its relevance to continence.
- Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent OBE, Chief Midwifery Officer for England, detailing the innovative Perinatal Pelvic Health programme and its progress
- Multidisciplinary perspectives including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, medical and nursing with a focus on the complexities of continence care.
- Sharing of current and inspirational work in the infection prevention and control sphere with a particular focus on urinary tract infections.
- Consideration of associated conditions including prolapse and dementia.
- How we work with other organisations to promote excellence in bladder and bowel care.
- Policy progress with an update on the initiatives emerging from the All Party Parliamentary Group.
There will be plenty of opportunity for discussion with our speakers during chaired panels, a key chance to inform the direction of thinking within bladder and bowel care. This is a real opportunity to demonstrate our ‘Stronger Together’ approach to continence and a chance to network with national colleagues in the field. Please keep checking back for updates and the full programme. We look forward to seeing you in Birmingham.
The ACA Conference Organising Group
Attendance at the full conference will provide up to 17 hours of participatory continuous professional development (CPD)