World Continence Week
17th – 23rd June 2019
World Continence Week 2019
The eleventh World Continence Week is 17th – 23rd June. This global event started as a day in 2008, initiated by the International Continence Society and was developed into a week a year later. The aim of the week is to raise awareness of continence issues across the globe, improving health, wellness, quality of life and a multidisciplinary approach to treatment. It was also hoped it would provide an opportunity to become a reputable forum for people looking for information about continence promotion and treatment for incontinence.
Since 2016 the World Federation of Incontinence Patients has managed World Continence Week and produces information and materials to support the event. These are made available on their website at www.wfip.org . However, the ACA are launching a new poster competition for World Continence Week.
Details of the ACA competition to design a poster for the World Continence Week 2019, are below:
The poster should:
• Meet the aim of World Continence Week – it should promote awareness of incontinence related issues
• Be gender neutral or represent both genders
• Be suitable for printing in A4 or A3 sizes
• Conform to NHS standards
• Be in plain English and legible
• Include the ACA logo
• Have a space for Trusts/continence teams to edit e.g. to add their own contact details or other relevant local information
All entrants must agree to the poster being free to download from the ACA website and to unrestricted use to promote World Continence Week. Entrants must also be aware that the poster may be reused in future years if there are no appropriate alternatives.
To promote World Continence week this year, 17th - 23rd June 2019, ACA have developed some posters for your own use.
Idea’s to Celebrate Continence Week
- Display’s in public area’s i.e. hospital, shops, libraries etc.
- Talk on local radio