The National Future of Nursing Conference 2019 is taking place on the 11th of June 2019 in Central London.
The 2019 Nursing Conference will provide a vital opportunity for the nursing community to consider the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead and the changing landscape of the nursing profession. It will give updates on the latest developments including the NHS Long Term Plan; innovative ways of tackling workforce issues such as developing new ways of working and new job roles; nurse-led initiatives to solve clinical issues and the impact of digital technology on nursing.
Sharon Leighton, Band 5 Nurse, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust (CONFIRMED)
- Identifying unwarranted variation in the form of higher levels of short inpatient stays and use of antibiotics
- Nursing patients more effectively through the development of a neutropenic sepsis clinical pathway to support appropriate decision making before admission
- Collecting data from patients to determine what proportion were confirmed neutropenic; length of stay and other co-morbidities
- Adding value through better outcomes, better experience and better use of resources
- Challenges and lessons learnt for implementation
To view the full agenda click here